What are the things that come to mind when you’re going on a camping trip? Your answer to this is probably lots of food, camping beach tents, toiletries, flashlights, and the likes. But do you ever consider what to wear camping in the summer? What you wear while camping is very important and has a huge effect on how much you enjoy your trip.
While at camp you need to be properly dressed to face changes in atmospheric temperature. During the day it can get really hot and you’ll need a camping air conditioner to keep cool and at night it can get really cold. If you packed the right summer camping clothes on your trip, you’ll be able to enjoy yourself regardless of how hot or cold the weather is – the right clothes will keep you cool during the day and warm at night.
If you fail to pack right on your camping trip, you won’t have a great time. Keep on reading to find out how to properly wear when at camp.
What Clothes to Bring Camping in Summer
Looking at camp-clothes based on seasons, you need to pack right with the current season in mind.
This is what to wear when camping in summer:
1. Bottom Clothes
Your choice of shorts is very important. You need to pack the right hiking shorts/bottoms if you don’t want to be complaining all through your hiking exercises.
Here are some suggested bottoms for your camping experience:
- Shorts: Shorts are really comfortable when you’re out camping in summer. The downside to wearing a pair of shorts is that you will be exposed to bruising and insects can also get at your skin.
- Trousers: While out hiking, you can wear cargo pants or trousers. They are more protective and provide you with pockets to keep stuff.
- Convertible Pants: A pair of convertible pants is also a great addition to your list of camping bottoms. You can always switch between full-pants and shorts based on how comfortable you are.
- Jeans: Wearing the right pair of jeans at camp will provide you with some ventilation.
2. Tops Clothes
Next is your choice of tops. You need to make sure that when you’re planning your camping trip, you don’t take any heavy summer camping clothing or dark-colored clothing with you.
These will only facilitate heat when you’re out in the sun. Instead, you should pack light-material clothes. The colors should also be light-colors.
Just imagine taking a hike in shoes that aren’t comfortable. It would be a horrible experience. This is why you need to be equipped with the right footwear while you’re out camping. Note that comfort beats style when you’re selecting shoes for camp.
- Sneakers: These are really good for those who plan to engage in hiking or walking.
- Flip Flops: Flip flops are probably the most efficient footwear at camp. They can serve several purposes.
- Sandals: The ground at camp can be unsmooth and rough. You should pack a pair of sandals that are not thick-soled. The sandals should also have ankle strips.
- Dry Socks: Wearing a pair of socks will ensure that your feet are warm and dry.
Hats are first on the list of what to wear camping in summer. Why do you need a hat? Hats are not only relevant in winter. They also go a long way in making your summer camping trip comfortable. Hats protect your skin and eyes from the harsh sun rays.
You can wear a face-cap along with a small piece of clothing wrapped around your neck – so as to effectively shield your face, eyes, neck, and ear-regions from the sun. Wide hats are also recommended.
While you’re out camping in summer, you need to keep a pair of sunglasses on you. They protect the eyes from eye-damaging sun rays if you’re lying on a portable hammock stand.
With all the suggestions given, you should now be able to pack the right clothes when you’re heading out for a camping exercise.
You cannot afford to be wearing the wrong clothes because it would prevent you from enjoying yourself while you’re at the camp. Remember to wear light-material and light-colored clothes. Light-colored clothes reflect harmful UV rays.
Also, take note of the fact that comfort overrules style when you’re selecting shoes for your camping trip. Wearing the wrong pair of shoes on a walk or hiking will only lead to frustration. As long as you follow all the given suggestions of our guide on what to wear camping in the summer, you’ll be fine.
What do you think of these tips? Let us know in the comments section if you want to add anything! Thank you!